Why offer CBT4CBT to your patients? SCIENCE MATTERS!
- CBT4CBT makes it easy to deliver evidence-based care to your patients.
- If you already provide CBT, CBT4CBT reinforces skills and provides extra opportunity for practice.
- If you aren’t a CBT expert, CBT4CBT provides a potent dose of skill training, so it complements and extends other forms of treatment.
- CBT4CBT encourages practice and mastery of skills in the real world.
- Learning through movies and interactive exercises is highly engaging.
- The clinician dashboard allows you to track and support patients progress through the program, quiz scores, and skill practice.
- CBT4CBT is compatible with naltrexone, methadone, and buprenorphine treatment for individuals with opioid use disorder.
If you are an existing provider and want to access the program, please select below.
If you would like more information on CBT4CBT or on how to purchase a license, please fill out the contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer CBT4CBT at $100/patient for a full course of treatment (7 – 9 modules, to be completed or repeated within any time frame), with discounts for large providers. Please complete the Contact form for more information.
- CBT4CBT has been used successfully with many different treatment approaches and professionals with different backgrounds.
- If you are trained in CBT, CBT4CBT will reinforce your work and give your patients multiple opportunities to practice outside of sessions.
- If you are not trained in CBT, your patients can learn CBT skills in addition to the other work you are doing with them. Going through CBT4CBT with your patients can help you reinforce what you know about CBT. You can also download the CBT manual for therapists written by Dr. Carroll and published by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Very little. It’s simply a matter of going to the website, putting in the patient’s unique username and password, and the program runs from there. All patients need to do is press the forward arrow.
CBT4CBT is currently available and validated in English and Spanish.
CBT4CBT tends to be most effective when the clinician shares their enthusiasm about the program and their belief it will help the patient develop new skills and avoid drug use. It’s very important that you monitor your patients’ use of CBT4CBT through the easy-to-use clinician dashboard, which shows, for each patient, how many modules they’ve completed, correct/incorrect responses on the true/false quizzes at the end of each module, and their practice of skills.
CBT4CBT works on mobile phones, laptops, tablets, and desktops.
CBT4CBT is designed to be secure and safe to use with all types of individuals. It collects absolutely no personal information or Protected Health Information (PHI). The only information the program collects is the time each individual spends in the program, pages completed, responses to questions, and practice of skills. Patients can see their progress through the “My Program” dashboard; clinicians can see each individual’s progress through the clinician dashboard.
CBT4CBT is being used in clinical programs in over 26 states and throughout Canada. Settings where CBT4CBT has been successfully implemented include: buprenorphine programs, methadone programs, outpatient treatment, primary care practices, probation and parole settings, churches, and primary care settings for Native American/First Nation people.
This presentation will show you how to to set up and monitor your patients’ progress.
This presentation explains how to use CBT4CBT with your buprenorphine patients, including some examples of complicated clinical conversations.